If you are a loyal fan of Windows XP, what will you replace Windows XP with after knowing that Microsoft won’t provide the security patches of Windows XP in a year? Perhaps you can get some ideas about the simple comparison of different OS to Windows XP as well from here.
Actually, rumors about Microsoft wouldn’t support Windows XP had never ends before. In the end of 2012, according to the data of ZDNet, Windows XP OS would be stopped updating by Microsoft in the next five hundred days. Until recently, Microsoft reminded their users that it was only a year left to support Windows XP. That is to say, until April 8, 2014, Microsoft will stop supporting for this 12-year-old operating system – Windows XP. Before the news, there were approximately 40.7% Microsoft Windows XP users in the world and most of them thought that it was a shame to know that news on the one hand, while on the other hand they have to seek alternatives at present.
As a matter of fact, once Microsoft Windows XP update support ends, the computers that install Windows XP won’t receive the update package of patches and security holes. This may be a huge security risk for those Windows XP computers, especially the business users. Therefore, for one thing, the Windows XP users have to think about the security problem that the Windows XP stops updating brings; for another, how to guide the Windows XP users to upgrade Windows XP to other OS such as Windows 8,Windows 7 or other OS has become another problem that both Microsoft and its competitors need to consider.
Generally speaking, the Windows XP users have the following options to replace with:
Part One: Replace Windows XP with Windows 7
Compared to Windows XP, Windows 7 has been active in the market for only less than five years, but it seems to be more attractive than Windows XP. Regardless of in terms of appearance or the security and networking, Windows 7 has advantage on Windows XP. The victory of Windows 7 is embodied as below:
- Clearer interface and better image quality- The better image processing techniques of Windows 7 has high demand for its display portion, the image and color of Win 7 is better than Windows XP.
- Hardware processing and 3D engine – The design of Windows 7 has advantages over XP in the operating. Most of the functions are the slide menu, it is more convenient.
- Security – The operating file needs licensing in Windows XP and it is easy to transfer virus but Windows 7 not. What’s more, in the password recovery mode, Windows 7 password recovery methods are more than Windows XP.
- Runs faster – Windows 7 has much system optimizations than Windows XP. In some way it runs faster than Windows XP.
Part Two: Replace Windows XP with Windows 8
As a new Operating System, although Windows 8 is not as popular as Windows 7, it is also another choice to replace Windows XP.
- Firstly, Windows 8 runs faster than Windows XP absolutely.
- Secondly, Windows 8 has the completely touch function. Just as the advertisement shows, Windows 8 is able to let you touch the future.
- Thirdly, there is no doubt that Windows 8 has more beautiful interface than Windows XP.
- Fourthly, Windows 8 has diversified ways of sharing. It allows you to share your photos to Facebook or upload your files to SkyDrive swiftly.
Last but not least, Windows 8 users cannot only login the screen with the login screen, but also login Windows 8 with a picture password and Windows XP can only has the latter choice. To speak of, both of the two operating systems are able to use the same Windows recovery tool to recover the password. Windows XP users have no much obstacle to upgrade Windows 8. But remember to backup your data in Windows XP before upgrading to Win 8. In a word, you can replace Windows XP with Windows 8 as long as you are willing to.
Part Three: Replace Windows XP with other Operating System
If you are fed up with Microsoft Windows operating system, you can also choose another OS as below. But certainly they are not so common than Windows OS.
- Windows Vista –
It is an operating system by Microsoft for use on personal computers, including home and business desktops, laptops, tablet PCs, and media center PCs.
- Mac OS –
It is a series of graphical user interface based on operating system developed by Apple Inc.
- ios (iPad) –
It is a mobile operating system developed and distributed by Apple Inc.
- Android tablet –
It is a Linux-based operating system designed primarily for touch screen mobile devices such as smartphones and tablet computers.
- Linux –
It is a Unix-like computer operating system assembles under the model of free and open source software development and distribution.
- Ubuntu –
It is a computer operating system based on the Debian Linux distribution and distributed as free and open source software, using its own desktop environment.
Summary: Global Trends to Replace Windows XP with Windows 7
Based on the latest statistics, Windows XP has losing its market and in will be the time of Windows 7 then. In a survey during April 1, 2013 to April 10, 2013, many Windows XP users are more willing to replace Windows XP with Windows 7.
In a word, whether to replace Windows XP to another operating system or not, it depends on you. But you have better replace it and now the better suggestion is to replace Windows XP with Windows 7.